LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lucky (se)     28 October 2011

Help evicting tenant who has crossed all limits of humanity

A poor lady who has only her house has given her first floor for rent to a woman. 

The woman tenant is threatening land lady day and night with a knife and bullying her, not giving rent, asking for money on knife point, staying out all day and coming with men after midnight. 

The land lady has filed complaint with local police to evict her but no action has been taken as tenant has relations with one of the policwalas in that locality's thana.

No agreement was done with the tenant.

pleas suggest what she can do.

Learning

2 Replies

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     28 October 2011

My several tenents left happily after taking market price from me but only when they themselves wanted to leave. Others who r cunning, want to squeez more then market price continue to live in the building even if they have huge investemnets, costly cars,etc.. They dont even bother to pay rent which is Rs 30/- for one room per month. And media, police, govt and courts side them. 

The PUC is 80/ - for a job of 2 minutes but rent is 30 /- as frozen by govt of Maharashtra in 50's. 

I cant buy 1 liter milk from the whole month rent of one room. So this is the condition. You have to live with it as courts which is run by slow,slack, and corrupt system does not give justice even in decades so tenants have nothing to fear. 

Still install cameras, do video/ audion recording etc of fishy activities and show to a honest advocate and see if he can move in criminal court and if u win then it may be easy to move in civil court. 

(Guest)

you can lodge a complaint to the ASP and copies to DCP and other higher authorities but you need to have atleast one evidence to prove before them... she can be easily removed from the house once ASP depute a CID in the night to watch her activities... do not worry...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register