LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prabu (n/a)     20 September 2007

hello members

Whether an unmarried sister of a deceased employee will come under the definition dependent. The deceased employee had left behind him,  his mother and unmarried sister and the mother has filed a application asking an appointment for her unmarried daughter under compassionate ground. The regulation of the board does not contain anything with regard to dependents. There is no explanation for the said word dependent. The matter pertains to Tamil Nadu Eletricity Board Regulations.

Whether there is any authority defining the dependents in the service matters. Please post the details if anybody knows.

C.M.R. Prabu

Learning

4 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     20 September 2007

[font=Arial]Dear Meenakshi,[/font]

[font=Arial]Followings are included in the dependent family members:[/font]
[font=Arial](a)   spouse; or[/font]

[font=Arial](b)[/font]  [font=Arial]son (including adopted son); or[/font]

[font=Arial](c)[/font]  [font=Arial]daughter (including adopted daughter); and[/font]

[font=Arial](d)[/font]  [font=Arial]brother or sister in the case of unmarried Government servant. [/font]

[font=Arial][/font] 
[font=Arial]If you want to know more on the subject click the following link of Comptroller & Auditor General of India [/font]

[font=Arial][/font] [font=Arial][url=https://www.cag.gov.in/html/faq/NGE%20(App).htm]https://www.cag.gov.in/html/faq/NGE%20(App).htm[/url][/font]

[font=Arial][/font] [font=Arial]I feel that the same analogy can be drawn for TNEB[/font]

[font=Arial]Regards,[/font]

[font=Arial]Prakash[/font]

prabu (n/a)     22 September 2007

dear prakash

Thanks for your reply. In future i shall try to post more and also inform my other friends. The site is very useful.

with regards

cmrprabu

Shambasiv (n/a)     24 September 2007

Thanks Mr.Prabu and Mr.Yedhulaprakash for the posts. Very useful information on compassionate appointment.

Shambasiv (n/a)     24 September 2007

How come you begin a topic like this in Legal Maxims, Mr.Prabu

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register