LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saurav (Self)     20 August 2014

Harrasment by landlord

That I am a tenant of the entire first floor comprises of two rooms, open space, toilet, bathroom & kitchen paying a monthly rent of Rs. 3,000/- In Words Rupees Three thousand Per Month exclusive of electricity and water charges, I was inducted as a tenant vide rent agreement dated 13/10/2006 and the tenancy started from 10/09/2006 for a period of 11 Months, that after the expiry of 11 Months no fresh rent agreement was executed between me & the owner Kept on residing at the above mentioned address with the consent of the owner, I have a Passport, Aadhar Card & other document on the same address,

The owner with his son started disturbing my peaceful life and constantly harassing me to vacate the house despite of the fact I’m regularly paying my monthly rent@ 3000/-PM & electricity & water bills. I would also like to tell that since the day of the inception of the tenancy, Owner has never issued any rent receipt against the rent, so received by him,

The Owner  wants to abruptly raise the rent from Rs. 3000/- to Rs. 7000/- to which I objected not to raise rent in such a manner, he starting visiting visiting the house at odd hours and started pressurizing me to vacate the house

the owner has filed a suit againt me possession & recovery of arrers on Sep/2013,

In the recent order from court  

. Reply to the application under Section 151 CPC filed. Copy supplied.

The applicant/plaintiff has filed this application seeking directions of this court to

the defendant for depositing the rent @ 7000/- per month during pendency of

trial from 10.01.12. Defendant has submitted that rate of rent of the tenanted

premises is. Rs. 3000/- per month and he has paid the rent upto June 2013.

Since, the case is at the stage of PE, therefore, the issue of rent will be

decided after completion of trial and at the time of passing judgment. Hence, in

the meantime, defendant is directed to regularly deposit the admitted rent of Rs.

3000/- per month from 01.07.13. Defendant is further directed to deposit the rent

till the date of 10th of each and every month.

It is submitted by Ld. counsel for the defendant that arrears will be

cleared within 15 days. Plaintiff is also directed to issue receipt of the rent after

receiving the rent as directed herein above. It is hereby made clear that nothing

stated herein would tantamount to affect the merit of the case. The application

stands disposed of accordingly.

Afterwhich I asked owner to provide bank a/c no so that same can be deposited be he refused and asked for cash afterwhich 36k rent was paid in cash within seven days rest the owner wants me to a defaulter & does not want to take rent of 3000 when I called him on 06/aug for which he said he is outstation afterwhich Money Order was done for same amount on 07Aug but the same returned on 18/aug ,

Pls suggest the further remedy to avoid being a defaulter in the eyes of court 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register