LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fin Advisor (Service)     13 September 2022

Harassment post divorce

We are married for 4 months. Before marriage itself I knew that he is a divorcee and he has a kid whose 100% custody has been taken by his ex wife. His ex-wife already took hefty amount as child maintenance during the time of divorce.  He got divorced 1.5 years back and then we met through common friends and decided to marry. 

He is a very loving and caring husband and initially I felt his child from ex-wife won't be an issue even if he talks to her sometime on phone or meet her once or twice a year. But soon after marriage I realized that though this child, his ex-wife is keeping a track of our private life like where we are going, what are we doing, what are our plans for next month and if he doesn't call his child who stays with his ex-wife, then his ex-wife will send messages like why he didn't call, questions him like where was he, what was he doing, what are we doing etc.

And it's effecting me personally a lot and my relation with him because I never wanted his ex-wife to be in touch with him but his ex-wife made his kid a medium to be in touch with him.

My questions are - 
1. Can my husband completely stop all communication with his kid from ex-wife and with ex-wife?

2. Can ex-wife legally force my husband to be in touch with her and the kid by saying that kid is not well or something?

3. Can she threaten him with suicide threats if he stops all communication with them? 

4. In terms of child maintenance he gave ex-wife 50 lacs during divorce and it's just been 1.8 years approx. that divorce has happened. So if he stops all the communication with the kid and ex-wife, can ex-wife still ask for more child maintenance to put us in trouble and in that case what can we do? Can we show court that he already paid 50 lacs for child maintenance just 1.8 years back so how come the money is finished in 1.8 years? What else can be done if she ask for more maintenance?

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)
One should not seperate a child from her father because of money. He is giving hid daughter his money because he loves her, I'm sure more than he loves you. You may either leave him or accept the fact that you have married a divorced man who has a child.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register