LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gaurav singh (Supervisor)     21 November 2013

Harassed by wife

i am married since last ten months. Started some part time business with my brother just after my engagement last year. My wife  just after one month  from marriage,  put a wrong complaint about me to her family that nt giving her my full time and care and busy in work only .She is always violent, fighting and shouting. even started ill treating my family. due to which my parents shifted to parental house in Aligarh and my brother shifted to rented house . after that anyhow matter has been solved by our parents..But again she is same, always fighting and doubting , ask me take her also everywhere i go for official work, continuously call in my office, disturbing me all the time when i am on duty, even at home in night she used to hit me becomes very violent and provoke me to beat her.  I called my parents back because of their ill health but again she is very bad with them. She talks daily 3-4 hrs with her family and  she is getting wrong directions from her family as they want me to get separated from my family. she is very bad at house work.. and when my parents asked her to do with care or whenever they gave a proper advice , she burst in to anger and start fighting. Now she even stopped working at home, all household work done by my mother. I have made her understand so much but in vain.. she put whole my family matters to her family with wrong clauses added. I really want to get separated from her and tried to convince her mutually as we both are not happy. But she says i will not leave you but ruin your life if you will not act as per her and her family. Its a kind of blackmailing directly, ruining my business as well as my reputation at work place.
now Recently , she called her some uncle in CBI  by saying that we are torturing her he came giving us threat for dowry and other cases etc. when we approached them to discuss the matter with peace they start abusing and violence giving a threat to kill me and my family. All our neighbours and relatives are also proofs of her bad behaviour. She fighted in front of all of them.

Inspite of all this neither her family takes her away neither she goes just living with us though in her room separately and threatening us daily.We are even ready to pay the things and money they spend on marriage(around 12 lakhs)but they said we will take much more when required.

Just now came to know that they have registered case against us for dowry on 14/11/13..now please advice me how i can save my family from this false case so that i can take divorce also and i also dont want to pay extra money.. 

Learning

6 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     21 November 2013

u can file divorce case u/s 13(1) for mental cruelty. as she is constantly harressing u but here as u r husband u need strong proof of it as mere saying will not do.

if u want to go for divorce go for mutual divorce .

as she has already filed  dowry  case be prepare for some more case as there r many section which support the wife.

gaurav singh (Supervisor)     21 November 2013

thanks for advice.

but she is not ready for mutual divorce.I have some  audit recordings of her and her family, can they be act as evidence.

what other sections and allegations they can add in dowry case.

two months back i also taken legal advice -made dowry papers and few affidavits with lawyer (but not deposited in court)and sent one report to police station(local)also but based on that  FIR was not lodged against her and her family.will these be of any help.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     21 November 2013

immediately inform in written to the ps of your area about your wifes behaviour and responses from her parents and threatening to trap you under false dowery harassment and DV cases, this will help you police will not made any arrest on their complaint , they will refer your case to caw cell and the caw cell will issue summons to you and try to mediate your problem and if they found no results is coming then they inform you that now they are going to file fir against you if you want to go for anticipatery bail you may proceed , engage a lawyer for your AB . ,and then fight your case on their merits . 2. you cannot file divorce with in a year of marriage , you have to wait for another two months , then file the divorce petition on the ground of mental harassment u/s 13(i-a) as she had filed false case against you .

Raj (Engineer)     25 November 2013

Be alert. Try to make some recordings about her cruelty (Voice/video/emails). Think cleverly you can use this to win the 498a filed by her.

As she has already filed 498a, be very alert and whenever you interact with her think that your conversation is recorded.

Once you win the 498a, you are eligible to get divorce under grounds of cruelty. I mean you can eazily win the trial.

Dont worry, you will win this 498a demon misused by women. But be prepared "Yes you can". Work on anticipatery bail immediately to save you and your family from unnecessary arrests.

My story is also similar to your's because even I got a similar partner who was always rude with everyone including me, filed cases on me etc.

Sharma (law)     26 November 2013

This is just one side of story. No girl marries to have such experience or to spoil her own life too.She must have some problem which you were not able to tackle. Did you talk to her outside home/  as a outing to know what was actual problem.

Why she wants to stay with you still? or she is living separately?

Do u have a kid??

Let police and court do the investigations and truth will come out soon. If you are clear why to worry. I am amazed that you did the audio recordings. What were your intentions.

(Guest)

@Sharma aunty,

How do you know that no girl has violent nature? Do u have any statistics to prove the same? Can you stop stereotype thinking?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register