LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Grandfather's(father's father) property partition

Page no : 2

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 August 2017

Has the Uncle shown the said gift deed or given a copy to our father?

If yes, get it checked.

Have you obtained mutation records with all link docs?

If yes, you would have already come to know what is what; say if any gift deed was registered?



Madhavi (house wife)     31 August 2017

My uncle has not shown the gift deed document to my father. We are trying to obtain the documents.

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     31 August 2017

It is presume that the property is in your grand mother's name and  your grand mother died without leaving  a WILL.On grand mother's demise her property would  devolve on her sons and daughters equally So Your father has share in property.

First, try to settle the matter  with other legal heirs amicably. Because litigation would take a long time.

If that is not possible , your father can issue a legal notice to other legal heirs to claim his share in property.if they refuse to give any share your father can file a suit for partition to claim his share in property.

Advocate Krishna  9447963440


Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 August 2017

The uncle has to produce the said vaid gift deed to assert his right on whole property.

If he shows and it is valid then he may have merits on his side.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads