Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepa (ITA)     04 June 2010

Grand daughters rights on her grandfathers property

Dear Lawyer,

My grandfather died on 1984 without writing any 'will'. He had 8 sons and 3 daughters. All are married and all of them are having daughters and sons who are all Major now. But in that 8 sons , only 2 sons are alive. other 6 sons are died.

Now all are planning to sell a land of my grandfather which also the ancestor provided to him. My father is alive and do  me(Married Women)  and my sister(unMarried but major)  having any rights on my grandafathers property now?

We dont have any brothers in my core family.

or only my father is a legal heir for his share of property?

While selling , if me and my sister  file a suit against my father and uncles and anuties and uncles sons/daughters (who are all selling that property) , will it legally succeed to stop that activity?

Thanks for your reply.

Learning

1 Replies

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     25 June 2010

Dear Deepa,

If your father has acquired his share from your grandfather's ancestral property as an HUF in joint family, grand daughters or grandsons by birth will become legal heirs and they are also entitled to get their share in the ancestral property.  Therefore you and your sister have all the rights, interest and share in your grandfather's property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register