Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chandranath rao (owner)     05 January 2013


my father had purchased a property in bangalore in 1973 through  gpa,and from then we are in absolute position of property.but we never paid property tax ,and now how can we get the property transfered and registered to my fathers name ,and pay property tax,can  we go to the court.what is the procedure to do it


 3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     05 January 2013

1. Was it just the GPA ?

2. Was it registered ? 


A GPA without anything more isnt a title .....and all these years of possession won't also make you the owner. If the GPA was a preclude to a  complete sale transaction which was intended to be completed and there was an agreement to sell - you can protect your possession by resort to the doctrine of part performance. Other than your remedy to seek specific performance is also time barred. 

chandranath rao (owner)     05 January 2013

it is just a gpa. the what should be done now.can we go through the court.

chandranath rao (owner)     05 January 2013

it was sold to us through gpa for an amount of 10000

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query