LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lalita   29 November 2015

Government teachers must have the right of saturdays off too

my sister is a TGT in one of the govt. schools of delhi.she has shared many problems and harassment govt teachers have to face daily....they are shabbily treated ..

i have a suggestion.

Why dont we have have saturdays off for teachers?they are already overburdened.it's for students too.even they are overburdened with completing too many writing activities(48 per year),doing homeworks of 6 subjects and also being expected to study well.

when the indian educational system copies everything from the west,then why not copy good things about them too?

mostly these nations whose systems we are copying have 2 days weekly off for teachers and students both.this is true in many private schools of delhi too.
and their students give better results.they have a more scientific bent of mind.teachers are never called for official works on weekends and vacations,unlike in india.

unfortunately,in govt. schools,we believe in overburdening teachers and students by allowing them only a sunday(which,in any case is an international holiday worldwide).even then,govt. school students never show good results.

few days back my sister had a word with her students of class tenth.they expressed their views that they are fed up of coming to schools 6 days weekly.even after returning home,they are finishing their HWs of 6 subjects,doing writing activities,etc.they never get to study.till 12:30-1 AM,they are completing these works.then they have to again wake up at 5:30 or 6 to reach school at 7.doctors advice an 8 hrs of sleep daily night,which is hardly possible for govt school students and teachers.

as a result,students' playing time is hardly left,which is also important for their physical development.

my sister's students said that after reaching home,all the time they are writing,writing,writing......our govt calls this education!!!

in other nations,quality of education is stressed upon.but in india,policy makers believe in increasing quantity of everything,ie,no. of working hrs and working days for teachers,the syllabus,the writing tasks for students,the no. of registers and lists a govt. teacher has to enter details into on a daily basis,etc.they believe it'll make teachers more hardworking & students more knowledgeable!!

Can we do something about it and expect each saturday off?it'll make students and teachers more refreshed on mondays,and thus increase their efficiency and learning...

Learning

1 Replies

B.N.Raja Mohamed (ADVOCATE)     30 November 2015

In tamilnadu there willbe saturday off on every second saturdays. That can be follwed in delhi also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register