LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chinnu Xavier   25 January 2021

Giving suicide threat

Im in love with a guy and mother is against that as She doesn't like his family. My father is supportive and he fixed my wedding with him next week in church . We kept it secret from my mother till yesterday . Yesterday we spoke to her regarding marriage and she started giving suicide threats to me .she will do suicide if I marry him ... She is taking treatment from psychiatrist for schizophrenia . I'm really afraid she might do something ... What can I do now ?
Legally shall I file a police compliant against her suicide threats ? Will it help ?


 1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   25 January 2021

Before filing a complaint you may first collect all the medical certificates or documents which states your mother's psychiatric issue (further - dealing with schizophrenia).

After the completion of the initial procedure of document collection you may lodge a complaint under section 503 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) 1860 for Criminal Intimidation along with all the requisite medical certificates.

The section 503 IPC states that - "Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intimidation."

Answer to your query is YES filing such a complaint (complied with medical certificates) would definitely help you in order to prove your innocence if by any mishappening takes place.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register