LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Malabika Basu (Senior Confidential Secretary to Director)     03 December 2012

Gift deed

My father and his brother has got a property (residential house) from their grandfather by registered deed. They had done property partioned, mututation, tax bill and numbering of the plot. We are two sisters and no brother and I am the elder one and we both got married and staying our respective in-laws place. As my father-in-law does not have his own house, we are staying with him in a rented flat, my father decided to gift his portion to me. On asking my sister regarding her willingness to take the share of the property, she always refused to take it by saying that your property, you may gift anybody but she was not willing to sign on the registered deed also. As he became old and captured by some old age diseases, he registered the property to my name by registered gift deed to me. Now my question is whether my sister can claim her portion of share in future ? Please solve my query.


 2 Replies

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     04 December 2012

Your father can execute gift in respect of his share though the property got under gift

Santosh Sharda (self)     14 December 2012

Your sister cannot claim in future

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query