LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad (surveyor)     04 December 2010

Gift Deed

 My mother has acquired a Govt site in 1969, measuring 2400 sgft and She has two daughters and one son. she had made a registered gift deed for 1600 sqft of site to me in 2008 and rest she wants to give it to me she wants to make a will deed for another left over 800 sqft. as my father before death has informed my mother rest property should be given to me in his dairy. 

My sister is claiming  that  daughters has more right than son as per law. please answer following questions. 

a) Whether the registered gift deed can be disputed in court of law.

b) whether mother can give me will deed for rest of property as per fathers wish set aside sisters claim 


 1 Replies

VIJAY MONGA (ADVOCATE)     05 December 2010

Dear Mr. Prasad,

1.  Your Gift deed can not be disputed in the Court of law on the part of your mother but so far as the question of sisters claiming the said Gift is concerned gates of Court are open to any aggrived person.

2.  Your mother has an absolute right to make Will in respect of rest of the property in your favour or in favour of any person irrespective of the wish of your father because she is the absolute owner of the property in question.

In near future if your mother, within your knowledge,  makes a Will in your favour do not forget to mention the authentisity of your Gift deed therein.  It shall also weaken the claim of your sisters to challange the Gift Deed.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register