LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CM KARTHIK (OFFICE BOY)     24 July 2012

Getting calls from advocate to pay the bill

In 2009 i have applied for tata photon connection ,and it was activated within two days the company officials visit to my place and told that others photon device wrongly given to me and they have changed the device , meanwhile my baby boy got admitted in hospital i am busy with my chaild . Rarely i have used that device , one day i have received call from customer care that bill pending of Rs 30000/- i was shoked and called the offical who have given the device and inform them without usage how can i get 30000/- . they told that they will check and confirm , after one day  my device got deactivated due to non payment of bill, i have clearly told customer care that i have not used the device and my credit limit is only 3000/- how come my bill will come 30000/- after long time back they come back with me and asking for 5000/- then also i have denied to pay the amount and clearly told them that arrange the complete bill. i have not received the bill also. the same was explained to company officials also again they told that they will verify and get back to me  , after that my baby boy got passed away , my family got very much in deprestions and after 3 months i have shifted my house also. then also i have not received any call from them so i think that problem got solved. after 3 year i got a call from delhi advocate stating that "case got filed against my number due to bill pending, need to attend delhi high court otherwise they will send arrest warrat ......."  they don't want to listen any thing from my end" and they are keep on calling me and harrasing me to pay the bill with including lawyer charges

dear all please advice me how to react on this issue. i don't have any details of that connections with me.

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     24 July 2012

1. Go to nearest Photon Shop and give your full name, last address details and seek printout of connection details.
2. Then go to District Court Legal Aid Center and ask for legal aid showing your income / background status and via them seek legal representation on collection agent illegal arm-twisting case filed and spoken hereof.
3. TRAI Guidelines clearly states arm twisting by Collection Agent read with telecom provider panel Advocate(s) are against norms of Authorities and License Agreement. But almost all telecom providers flaunt the norms and yours is not one case here.
4. Your personal bereavement is personal tragedy and sorry to hear that but pending bills have to be written off / adjusted as the case may award legally and that is possible only if you follow above two paras first.
5. Last voluntary help that I can provide you in this settlement case is to provide you with exact TRAI Guidelines papers + what to ask before competent Court your Telecom service provider to show / to establish their case of customer "usage" which you are alleged to be denying. There are very specific codes which needs to be downloaded from their servers to show that really a customer has used the services during disputed duration thus they have a case. This detail never shown in normal Billing datas which they produce regularly in Courts to squeeze every last penny from gullible customers. Exasperated at the end average Tom and Harry Customers are forced to opt for Lok Adalat Mela Settlements unfortunately. BUT, this much I can tell here in open forum once you cross para 1 and para 2.

Now if you like you may thank  Claudia madam ji https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=96547  (click link to thank her) for drawing my attention to your this tread post thus enabling me to give you “just” solution devour of her womanly “sentiments and emotions” blah blah in legal forums which have really no place in Law. Law follows society and TRAI guidelines ref. above were made after hue and cry representation from same society that she and I keep PERIOD!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 July 2012

"i have clearly told customer care that i have not used the device and my credit limit is only 3000/- how come my bill will come 30000/-"

How can a hill of rs.30000/ be reduced to Rs.5000/?

"after long time back they come back with me and asking for 5000/- then also i have denied to pay the amount"

Who came back.Have you recorded this call?

Demand itemised bill, by a letter and under acknolwedgment.

The advocate is most probably a recovery agent impersonating as advocate.It seems a scriptt has ben photocopied and circulated to all companies.All companies make this statement.

Recrod this call and lodge a complaint with police and TRAI.

CA. Vikash Dwivedi (Chartered Accountant)     26 July 2012

this kind of mal practice is  now a days common in India.. Atrocious!!

this is called Corporate Corruption.  relinace is one of the most unrelialbe service provider and Tata Tele sevices is father of reliance in such matters.

i do not have solution for you but i agree this could be True. these companies can do anything in the name of business. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register