LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

zinda dil   28 November 2021

Frauds going on in society

My society is formed in 2018 & my society committee is asking me to pay from 2010 sinking & repairs fund. And they are not giving me the profit & loss balance sheet of societies to view. The committee is all fixed there selected members & don't give access to other members to stand up for society election

 1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   28 November 2021

As a member you're supposed to submit a written complaint explaining the dispute/complaint in full detail to any office-bearer of the society. As a result of it in the next committee (after the complaint is received), the Managing Committee would review the complaint and will take an appropriate decision regarding the matter, which will be communicated to the members within a time period of 15 days.

However, since you said they don't allow other members to participate in elections it signifies that those in position are continuously misusing their powers in order to eliminate any sort of competition. Thus, in such a case you can make a complaint to "Registrar".The Registrar will send a show cause notice to Chairman and Secretary of your society..

Later, following up at Registrar office should be carried out from time to time. However, this can be done by you yourself without any sort of help or assistance of a professional.

Hope It Helps!

Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query