Fraud in marriage

I met a girl online and married her after she convinced me that her parents will not agree to our marriage. She never introduced me to any of her family member. After seven years of marriage I have come to know that she is already married with one daughter and her first husband works abroad. She had been going to her first husband on the pretext that her father is severely ill. I had often fought with her on going to her parents house as she tells me I am not acceptable to her parents. Whenever I tell her that I will leave her ,she threatens me with suicide. Is our marriage still valid? Please advise what step I should take as I have joint lockers with her ,accounts in her name and a passport of my address.

How can your marriage be valid if she was already married. It is a serious offense to marry someone without first desolving their first marriage. You need to take immediate advice as this can also effect you.

How can your marriage be valid if she was already married. It is a serious offense to marry someone without first desolving their first marriage. You need to take immediate advice as this can also effect you.

Total likes : 1 times

FIN

Do you still have the online records that show her as unmarried?

Do you have evidence of her 1st marriage and that bit still exists?

Do you have evidence of her travels to her 1st husband?

Does she agree to convert a/c's in your single name?

You may approach a very able counsel and proceed further under expert legal advise that your counsel can render after examining all docs and inputs.

I do not have online records that show her as unmarried.

I have the evidence of her 1st marriage and that bit still exists.

I have her pictures of her with her first husband cutting cake on which it is written Happy anniversary.

FIN

You may approach a very able counsel and proceed further under expert legal advise that your counsel can render after examining all docs and inputs.

Software professional

You can file 2 cases on her.

First under IPC 494 marrying again in life time of legally wedded spouse if  not legally divorced.

Second file null void petition of marriage under hindu marriage act section 12(1)(C).This petition can be filed within one year of marriage or within one year of expose of fraud irrespective of lenth of marriage.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x