Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev (Project Manager)     11 February 2014

TWo amendments in village office abolition act in1978 and 2003

Amending Act 22 of 2003.

Sub-section (3) of section 5 and section 7A of   the Karnataka Village Offices Abolition Act, 1961 prohibits transfer of  re-granted land within a period of 15 years from the date of commencement   of section 1 and section 7A of the Karnataka Village Offices Abolition (Amendment) Act, 1978. They have come into force with effect from 7.8.1978.The fifteen years period has already expired in the year 1993.

Farmers are  selling their land and thereby losing their lands which were granted to   them by the Government earlier. Therefore, in order to safeguard the   interest of farmers it is considered necessary to amend the said Act to   prohibit transfer of re-granted land for a period of fifteen years from  the date of re-grant made on or after the commencement of the Karnataka  Village Offices Abolition (Amendment) Act, 2003

Hence  the  Bill.(Published  in  Karnataka  Gazette (Extraordinary) Part IV-A, dated 9th May 2003 as No. 497 at page 13)

1)            The  plot we are planning to purchase is re-granted in 1972 with condition should not alienate the land without prior approval of concern  office.

Now question is there are two amendments in village office abolition act in 1978 and 2003.

I would like know 15 years will get calculated from 1978 or 2003 ??

This will help us in making decision whether to go-ahead with registration plan or to drop the idea to become the land owner in Bangalore.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Learning

1 Replies

Sanjeev (Project Manager)     12 February 2014

I believe 15 years will be counted from the purchase date of the land.

The land was purchased in 1972 and 15 years will be 1972+15 = 1989

I believe we can purchase the land without NOC from Dist commissioner

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More