Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

learning_member (abc)     25 December 2013

Filing a consumer court case -

hello,

i want to file a consumer case at district consumer court.i live in chennai. but the thing is i travel frequently,,so not sure if i will be available for hearings. in that case..what options do i have. if i had to hire a lawyer for this..what would be the fee and is it worth to hire a lawyer for consumer court cases..

this is to file a case against a company from whom i purchased a cordless phone that doesnt meet its intended features.costed me about 4k to purchase this phone.

Learning

4 Replies

Mukesh Sharma (Advocate)     25 December 2013

Hello rchawla, 1)First give a complaint / notice to company and ask for reliefs or return of your money and if they do not listen you, you should approach consumer court. 2) you can give power of attorney to your friend or relative to appear on behalf of you. 3) advocate charges will cost you more then your purchased device price. Advocate is not compulsory, you or your attorney can proceed and can get justice through consumer court.

Mukesh Sharma (Advocate)     26 December 2013

Kindly ignore. Due to some technical fault in mobile it is sent various times. Adv. Mukesh sharma

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2013

You cannot avail all the benefits at a time and cannot avail any service without cost.  You have to decide about filing a case or not in view of your hard pressing commitments outside your town, it is advised that better engage an advocate who practices in the consumer court alone, he will be able to take care of your legal needs.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 December 2013

If your engagements can be scheduled you can do advance plannng and request for specific dates for the hearing. If the hearing is posted for a date not convenient to you, you can send your representative with a letter of authority who can request for an adjournment.

I have done like the above.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register