LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ragz hyder (PM)     05 March 2013

Maintenance

My "marriage" lasted less than a month. In reality 7 days with me and then 7 days with parents.

No Kids

Biggest mistake marriage was consummated on false assumptions. We found ourselves attending psychiatric sessions becasue of girl in 3 days of marriage.

Girl is a psycopath. There have been several instance she has been extremely hysterical called me names etc. Her father, came to know later, had paralytic stroke on her account and her mother was hospitalized in saline due to her. we are in process of filing a DV.

I am an NRI. Girl is  software engineer with a Btech in Comp Sci working in a software firm. She already has 2 years of work exp.

My life has been destroyed -  not due to my fault. anyways while I know that circumstances vary - what could be maintenance given. No kids. She would probably earn atleast 4 lakhs p.a.

It could be litigious but any thing which gives an idea on maitenance. I am in USA, and own a property in india- mortgaged to bank for half its worth. No other assets ...

Learning

3 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     05 March 2013

If the girl is a working women and she is drawing a salary of Rs 4 lacs  than no maintanence. I presume you are going in for Divorce as above you have stated DV ( Domestic Violence ) If she is filing  DV your wife can seek Right to residence in the property which is in india .Hence it would be better if you gift your property to your mom or your Dad . 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 March 2013

NEW DELHI: A woman with sufficient income to support herself may not need a court order for receiving maintenance from her estranged husband, the Delhi High Court has said. 

The court's observations came while setting aside a family court's order to grant maintenance in a matrimonial dispute to a woman who was earning a salary of Rs 80,000 per month. 

"Where a wife has no income or is without any support for maintaining herself, the court has to pass an order considering the income and living status of the husband. However, where the wife and husband both are earning and having good salary, an order is not required,"

ragz hyder (PM)     05 March 2013

Thank you !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More