Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sashi (CSS)     01 November 2012

How is the maintanance amount calculated in andhra pradesh?

How is the maintanance amount calculated in Andhra Pradesh?
My Wife left to her moms houses after 5 months of marriage and staying there, does not want to return even after we asked many times to come back.
it has been 9 months now, no kids yet.

I am software employee in Hyderabad.

1.Is it flat 20% from my salary? She is staying with her mother in a village, so it will calculated genuinely the expenses in respect to where she stays ?
2.It will be calculated on my net salary or after personal loan deductions?
3.If we take any loan now, it will be considered for calculation or not?

Can you please help me in this regard

Learning

6 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     01 November 2012

There is no fixed formula for maintanence in india . Normally it is calculated as 1/3 rd of the salary . But all your liabities and expenses are to be taken into consideration .

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     01 November 2012

The fact that wife working or not,Children are minor,custody of children,income of both,libilities are the factors taken into account in computing maintainence

Sashi (CSS)     01 November 2012

My wife passed 10th, no children, but she has inherited properties of 40Lakhs. The properties are inherited to her from her grandfather. Her father died long back. Her grandfather did not write a will so, inherited the properties share along with the other sons.

She gets rent of 5000 from that property

As she has good amount of property with her, do we need to still pay the maintenance?

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     01 November 2012

It is the descrition of the court,If she has sufficient means to maintain herself then she is not entitled to get maintainence,that you have to show that she has sufficient means.

(Guest)

If wife earn from property as rent than she is not entitleto get maintenance.

No formula for fixed the maintenance But in normal condiation its may 1/3 of earning.

But if she prove that this amount is not sufficient for livehood than she can get some amount but it will be nominal.

stanley (Freedom)     02 November 2012

i agree to the above 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More