LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Divorce

sir i hv filed a divorce case in district court on Feb 2012. under 13 A. my in laws not agree to give me divorce and they  are pressurizing my family and me to withdraw the case. my next hearing date is July 26 2012,  can i filed a case dowry case against them now? and plz tell me is there any problem if i lived separate from family members or if i lived with someone in a living relationship at prsent situation. plz help me...

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 June 2012

I presume that the author of this thread is a woman.  If they have not demanded dowry or never harassed you for dowry, do not file such case.  Actually filing such cases without having cause to extract divorce from unwilling partner put the real women victims in bad light.  The genuine victims of dowry harassment are facing a lot of problems due to false cases filed by some women.  So please do not do that. 

Talk with your husband and explain him about your infatuation/love with your boy friend and ask him for mutual consent divorce. If he accepts it is o.k.  If he does not, iIf you have available grounds for divorce contest the case.  If you develop any live-in-relationship without having divorce decree, your husband can initiate a criminal prosecution against your boy friend.

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     07 June 2012

@ Ritu

Why are you not willing to join your matrimony if you have no reason.

You are not subject to cruilty also.Its strange to digest, You are asking a way out of live-in.

It describe the mentallity of metro wives towards husband and his family.Its cheap.

krishan (Engineer)     07 June 2012

Dear Ritu,

Kill your hubay first and go for marrige. majak banake rhekha aap logo nai jindgi ko!!!!!!

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     07 June 2012

Don't complicate your life by filing cases unnecessarily especially when you are also involved in a live-in relationship with someone.  If you file dowry case, he will file adultery/bigamy case as a retort.  That way you will keep roaming around courts forever.  Let the divorce case go on and reach its logical conclusion.

Arjun Gupti (Business)     07 June 2012

Dear Ritu,

Yeah go ahead and file a fake 498A against your husband and his parents. 498a doesn’t need any substantiation and whatever you will mention in your complaint, police and our blind law will treat it as truth. If the police refuse to file FIR, take your clothes off in the police station and threaten them to falsely implicate in a rape case if they do not arrest your husband and in-laws. If this doesn’t work, call a reporter from any news channel, they would be more than happy to help you. Reporters do not charge any fees, a bottle of whisky and a couple of nights with him would do. It is your right to abuse this privilege called 498a. Getting a divorce would be easier after 498A as your husband will not like to spend 5-10 years fighting this case and proving himself innocent so he will sign the divorce papers soon. You can also file 406 and police and our judicial system will help you recover all the long list of dowry items (which your father never gave) from your husband. Get married to your boy friend and screw his happiness if you find a third one. 498A is a money-making art that you can teach to your daughters and grand-daughters as well. Best of luck!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More