LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohini Basu (student)     24 March 2012

Conversion certificate

I want to convert to muslim from hindu. How to do it legally? From where to get a conversion certificate and after that what are the legal procedures to have a muslim identity? I am from Kolkata. Please help accordingly. Thanking you.

Learning

5 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 March 2012

Dear Mohiniji,

Is your intention to convert is for the sake of marriage? If so it is not difficult.Approach the local Imam of the Masjid,put in an application for your conversion and an affidavit stating our belief  in the religion you wish to convert.It will be over in a day.Then change your name through an offecial gazzette.

Mohini Basu (student)     25 March 2012

Thank you for the quick response. No, the conversion is not for the sake of marriage but out of faith for the respective religion.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 March 2012

Mohiniji,

I have replied to your private message.If you really want to convert to Islam,You can directly approach any masjid and opt for conversion, that Hindu religion is as bad as garbage, and I intend to convert to Islam.

Sujal Mandal (Student)     30 November 2012

I am in this too, i want to know the exact legal procedure that are going to be involved and what will change in my documents, and how much time will it take, 
I am going to marry a foreign girl outside india, a syrian , how should this be done? am i supposed to bring her to india and then have a marriage ? What documents are going to be needed and how many witness, plz reply.

Nagy   04 September 2015

Hello I Also Want To Convert To Islam Any Reference or Any Person Will Be Helpful Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More