Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pia Dutta (other)     30 May 2011

Marriage certificate date

Can anyone tell me please about the date on marriage cerificate :

Is it the date that both parties sign and register the marriage Or is the date of issue of the certificare ?

Learning

6 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     30 May 2011

@ Author 

1. Date of Registration
It also includes date / month / year when the marriage was solemnized and register no. / serial no. 

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     31 May 2011

Pia ji,

Date of Registration is right answer or your marriage  date not date of certificate..

Pia Dutta (other)     03 June 2011

Thank you so much for answering my query.

Well in that case,the date is wrong on the certificate.Am 23yr old girl and I was married in 2007 with an Muslim guy according to Muslim marriage act and my husband is in army.We stayed together for three month with gap of 6months and in 2008 we decided mutually to part way .However as my husband was training in the year we got marrid,he did not have time to signed the notice paper but the lawyer we contacted said that he would still be able to get us marrid.so we signed the notice paper on dec 2006 and we signed the document and i signed the affidavit in june 2007 but did not sign in marriage register and our marriage certificated is dated 3rd july.however my husband was in training on that date.Is our marriage certificate invalid?If yes how can we proceed on this matter?(divorce?,null and void or legal agreement ??)

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     04 June 2011

@ Author,

1. Your are confused.
2. Your marriage certificate is valid.

BTW From which State you got the Certificate From?

Pia Dutta (other)     04 June 2011

Its from kolkata.Please advice how can i proceed ?

haleema (Law Student)     30 June 2011

It seems you are confused. The fact provided by you is unclear. You mention you and your husband stayed together just for 3months. And why after couple of years now you are confused if ever your marriage is valid or not?  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More