LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biraj Nath   24 June 2021

can messaging or sending flowers to person who doesn't know you be a crime

Can messaging or sending flowers to person who doesn't know you , be a crime.
I have sent a few messages and flowers to a person for friendship . Now she has complained to her office legal team. they called me and asked me if I had messaged and sent flowers. I said yes , I did it for making friendship with her, I never used and derogatory , vulgar or obscene statement. I wrote very politely asking her to
accept my friendship. I also apologised for disturbing her in any way to the legal team person who called me. I want to know what can happen now. And how do I deal with it. Please advise.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 June 2021

If you are sensitive, do not indulge in such things in the future.  Sending greetings/polite messages through social media is not a crime.  Most of the Facebook friends may not be knowing each other, but they exchange pleasantries.  Now that you have apologized, there can be no problem legally for sure.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     25 June 2021

Avoid resorting to such activities which will only drive you to give explanation to your deeds and be defensive,  and likely to land you in real problem also. In the instant case, since you appear to have aplogised, hopefully matter is closed.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 June 2021

Originally posted by : Biraj Nath
Can messaging or sending flowers to person who doesn't know you , be a crime. I have sent a few messages and flowers to a person for friendship . Now she has complained to her office legal team. they called me and asked me if I had messaged and sent flowers. I said yes , I did it for making friendship with her, I never used and derogatory , vulgar or obscene statement. I wrote very politely asking her to accept my friendship. I also apologised for disturbing her in any way to the legal team person who called me. I want to know what can happen now. And how do I deal with it. Please advise.

You asked "I want to know what can happen now. And how do I deal with it". which is a pure speculative and imaginary situation.

It do not attract legal preposition/ action until there is some action taken against you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2021

Sending messages or flowers to an unknown person, with whatever intention that you may justify now after being questioned, would be termed as a nuisance and disturbance to the person who has received them.

If your apologies have been conveyed by your office team to her and she has decided to ignore her complaint on the basis of your regrets and apologies, you may sigh a relief or else you may have to await the developments from her side because it was an unnecessary trouble you have invited by your such over acts. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More