LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

zPe@asdnkj341   16 January 2021

Being intimidated to sign documents after resignation

I worked as a software developer in Bangalore with ~1.1L/mo salary in a non-managerial capacity (no one reported to me). (Although my employment agreement mentions that the skills of the employee is considered "unique, extraordinary, of peculiar significance"). - Do I qualify as workmen? I have served my notice period of 2 months with confirmation from HR. It has been 3 months already since my last working day and the company has asked me to sign documents (after last working day) that greatly increase my legal obligations and prevent me from approaching courts in case of any disputes. After I refused to sign these documents, the company has on email: 1. threatened me that they will consider it as a breach of employment contract if I refuse to sign these documents. There is no clause in the employment contract that asks me to sign any such document after termination. 2. refused to release my pending salary 3. completely refused to pay for leave encashment as it is not in their policy 4. threatened to not provide a relieving letter I don't want to sign these document even though they maybe considered void due to coercion by the company. I am really disturbed and seek your kind advice. Additional info: company regd in Bangalore and contract mentions exclusive jurisdiction of Bangalore. The company is a fintech startup with around 13 employees. Will S&E or other act would be able to help me?

Learning

1 Replies

Raja Mahendra Varma   16 January 2021

Please file a civil and criminal case on company for recovery of dues and their threatening/ cheating if any

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More