LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandakumar Rajendran   13 January 2021

Agricultural land and residential house gifted to oci son

I am an OCI card holder with Canadian Citizenship. My mother gave all of her property (residential house, vacant plot and agricultural land) to me as gift settlement in 2013. My mother received all these properties as gift due to adoption and she is the absolute owner of those property . I was not present when she registered this gift settlement in Tamil Nadu, India. My mother insisted me to send a letter that I accept this gift deed. I sent the acceptance letter and I am not sure if it will be considered as inherited property or wealth acquired by gift from my mother. When visited India l signed some papers my mother asked for name transfer of patta, chitta, EB connections, water connections etc., Everything is changed now in my name. Recently I heard that OCI's cannot get agricultural land as gift. Please let me know will there be any legal problems with this gift settlement which I received particularly the agricultural land. If there will be legal problems then how this can be rectified. My mother is still alive and she wanted to do this gift settlement because she doesn't want me to face any legal issues with my sister and she wanted to do everything while she was alive. Thanks and appreciate your reply.

Learning

1 Replies

Ganjigatte Srinivas   18 January 2021

NRI can inherit Agricultural lands . But cannot buy that's the rule

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More