Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

haritha reddy (teacher)     28 April 2010

change of fathers name in passport

Hi

I am legally divorced and got remarriage 6 years before. now my daughter is 21 years old. If i apply for a passport for my daughter whose name will reflect in passport, biological father or step father. if i want to get my husbands name in her passport what are the procedures to  be followed

Learning

11 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     29 April 2010

naturally,the biological father's name as for all documents to be submitted to the passport authorities,like her birth certificates  etc,the biological father's name is there.

1 Like

haritha reddy (teacher)     30 April 2010

Thank you sir for your quick reply.  One more doubt,

1.  is there any chances to take deed of adoption.

2.  she is the nominee for us and our property.  What is the procedure to get it legally done

mahendrakumar (marketing)     01 May 2010

if she is the only child, nomination is enough,otherwise make a will in her favour.

1 Like

haritha reddy (teacher)     01 May 2010

Thanks a lot for guiding me

haritha reddy (teacher)     02 May 2010

what is the age limit to get an adoption deed, or adopt a child by her step father

Can we use mother name insted of fathers name as surname

haritha reddy (teacher)     07 May 2010

what is the age limit to get an adoption deed, or adopt a child by her step father

Can we use mother name insted of fathers name as surname

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     09 May 2010

Your daughter is now 21 years old and now adoption is not maintainable since she is a major

ranjitha (house wife)     06 October 2010

hi, iam ranjitha. 31y old. i have a son 6y old. i made a passport for him when he was 5months baby. later after a year i took a divorce and i have been re-married now. my present husband is taking very good care of us and we dont want to reveal the details of his biological fathers name. i have the full custody of my son s custody. my ex-husband is not intrested in my son . i want the father s name to be chnged in my childs passport from biological fathers name to my present husband s name. can you please advise??

Jamai Of Law (propra)     06 October 2010

@ ranjitha

Nothing remains hidden.................Are going to make your life like a TV soap??

what kind of illusion you are into?

Your re-marriage aniversary date is going suggest to your kid that he was borned before marriage......His blood group, looks etc etc may be compleely different than you and your current spouse.. Your ex-hubby can make entry in the scene (like TV serials!!) anytime....Have you debarred him legally to meet him ever? It's impossible........

These are the side effects which you have to tackle the wat youfaced your reality bravely........................positive dialogue at right time resolves any doubts in the mind of your kid also.... 

Custodian is different than natural guardian.............................

There has to be an adoption deed....where consent of biological father can never be circumvented.

Remember you are depriving your kid from ancestral property rights  out of biological dynasty, and inducing the same from your spouse!! There is a procedure.

please make adifference between 'property out of income of father' and 'khandani property'

As a hypothetical case, If suddenly you reveal that his biological ancestors were entitled to billions worth of property and suddenly they discover that, you wudn't utter these words of legal adoption!! 

Contact an experienced lawyer............

mahendrakumar (marketing)     07 October 2010

apart from the legal aspects, I feel,it  is not a fair decision.

even if you could change the biological father's name,on a later date,chances are that your kid may question you.

I feel, let the name be there so that later complications could be avoided.

pari savla (OWNER)     20 March 2011

Hello,

I am 21 years old right now, i have applied for passport, i have been adopted at the age of 4 by my natural mothers and step father, as my mother has a re marriage...

but the passport officials are not issuing me my passport on my step father's name and saying that i would be given a passport on my biological fathers name, can u please tell me is it not possible to get my passport on my stepfather;s name ?

please reply at the earliest on parisavla23@gmail.com

thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More