LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddique (OWNER)     06 July 2016

Lawyer for succession petition

We (myself Mariam, a daughter, and my brother) have inherited a CHS flat in Mumbai from our deceased father. The society requires us to produce succession certificate. One of us intends to file a succession certificate petition. We know that the court fee for such a petition attracts a court fee of 7% of property value.

Q1: Is there is any concessional court fee if the petitioner is a woman ?Whom should I approach to get authentic information about it ?

Q2: How long would it take to get the certificate if I do not expect any one to dispute our claim ? We shall submit brother's notarized and registerd NOC along with our petition ?

Q3: I am looking for a lawyer who is equipped to handle such cases and is well informed about follow-up matters.

PS : We are from Mumbai.

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 July 2016

Successon Certifcate required for inheriting movable property; immovable prperty requires heirship certificate.

gourav   09 July 2016

Dear sir I have the same query ,,,,, as my father has been passed away near about 4 years ago. But the house and some of our shops on my  father name .so as it is immovable property so do we have to get succession certificate or the heir ship certificate for the transfer of the tittle among the heirs ...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More