LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mcem   15 May 2016

Prospective plot buyer not returning copies of plot documen

Hello.I am new to this forum. My father owns a society plot in Hyderabad and we wereinterested in selling it. My mother new an agent  who then introduced to his friend(another agent) who informed us he knew a party who are interested in purchasing the property (a plot).

As the price was ok we decided to go ahead with the deal and we met the "prospective buyer" 2 times. They had asked for copy of the docments like sale deed copy, encumberance certificate and link documents.

The first time we met the prospective buyer  (a male) and the next time this same person was there but as he was running a company he informed us another "business partner" will be purchasing it.

Ever since we had given the copies of the documents (sale deed , ec, link documents) we have not heard fromthem.

Both the agents and the so called owners are not replying and despite numerous requests we are unable to get back the documents. Even if we did et back the documents they must have already made copies of it. 

I would like yhe  opinion of the experts on this forum what course to safeguard/protect the plot can I take to make sure that this party cannot cheat us.  This is a vacant society plot and is thereany legal action I should take against these people.

Kindly reply and thanks in advance.

Learning

10 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 May 2016

What is the problem when the originals are with you?

mcem   15 May 2016

Hello. Thanks for the reply. Yes my dad who is the owner of theplot has the originals.

Can the copies of these documents be misutilised  to sell the plot by this person  having someone pretending to be my father . I am concerned as some of the documents bear his sign.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 May 2016

Impersonation is criminal offence.

Usually agents, company owners, business parteners etc have business cards and addresses.

You can send them leetr/email under proepr acknowledgment and ask to return the copies and not to make any copies for your satisfaction.

Venkatesh   18 May 2016

My brother Purchased the one site in Bangalore and layout is approved by BMRDA, but the layout formed in SC/ST granted land. This above site is legal or illegal.

Venkatesh   18 May 2016

My brother Purchased the one site in Bangalore and layout is approved by BMRDA, but the layout formed in SC/ST granted land. This above site is legal or illegal.

Kindly reply and thanks in advance.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 May 2016

@ Venkatesh,

Do you mean to say that the land was ' Awarded' by the Government ?

If yes check the purpose for which the land was awarded and  has the permission of GOvt been availed for change in land use?

Local counsel can help you.

Venkatesh   18 May 2016

Thanks for your reply Mr.Kumar Sir. the land awarded by government to sc/st for agriculture purpose after that they converted the land to residential purpose from DC Office. and the layout is approved by BMRDA /APA planning authority.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 May 2016

You have posted that: DC has awarded the permission.

Still you may show all docs on record to an able counsel specialzing in revenue/property/civil matters at your location for a considered opinion and merits.

Venkatesh   19 May 2016

sir DC has given approval for converting agriculture land to residential land

Venkatesh   25 May 2016

Mr. Kumar Sir DC has given approval for converting agriculture land to residential land. DC approval is enough or required any other documents. kindly help me. Regards Venkatesulu

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More