LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sona Kumar Roy (Personal)     11 July 2015

Need legal advice on transfer of property

Way back 2012, I enter into a development agreement with a local developer so as to let developer construct a multi-storied building on 3 cottah of land with the condition that out of total constructed area, I would get x percent of share & developer would get y percent of share. This development agreement was registered on 2012 as per the law in West Bengal.during construction, developer has sold out all flats to respective buyers from his allocation.Now, One of the buyers is willing to sell out its own flat due to personal reason & I have shown interest to buyer to buy that flat.But, that flat from developer's allocation is yet to be registered with the buyer & developer has only provided the possession letter to buyer.

When I discussed with developer regarding the purchase of flat from buyer directly then developer suggested me something in order to avoid registration charge. Developer told me that he will include this flat as additional share in my possession letter on top of my agreed share as per the agreement. And, Developer will execute a deed of cancellation with the buyer to cancel the agreement & I need to pay back the entire amount to buyer which buyer had paid to developer to buy the flat. Even, buyer has also agreed to it since buyer is only concerned with the money. However, developer is assuring me that there will be no legal issue & with this I will be able to save entire registration cost.

I understand the benefit of proposed approach by developer, but my concerns are given as below,

1) Will this approach become legally strong & acceptable?

2) If any legal issue arises in future, can I legally protect this flat?

3) Should I go for registration or with the proposition of developer?

Would be very helpful if you provide your guidances to get rid of this dilemma.

Learning

1 Replies

Jatin Mittal (Corporate Lawyer)     11 July 2015

Hi Sona From the facts mentioned by you, i do not smell a rat in this and you can enter into this deal this way. By giving a possession letter and not having completed the registration procedure is very normal. The owner of the flat is at this time a kind of member and he can sell hi membership to you. There is no legal issue in it. In some places the ownership of flat is transferred vide change of membership only and no registration is done. For any clarification, feel free to write to me at mittaljets@gmail.com. No charges for the consultation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More