LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chakrobarthy   11 February 2015

Selling ancestral land - enjoyment rights

sir, we have a natham porambokku (odai maduvu) land in north of chennai that my father had purchased in 1993 ..and the land had previously changed hands twice before that since 1960s just in the name of transfer of enjoyment rights..no title deed or patta document or anything of that sort as such for this land..and we had been using it as a agricultural land for some basic cultivation so far... we also have a case pending on this land against the town panchayat who actually wanted to take over this land when they vested no rights on it by law..we are actually gets offers to sell this land...since i am an NRI and not being able to follow up on this..can i dispose this land and am i legally eligible to sell this land by just having the enjoyment rights.my dad passed away 5yrs back and mom is alone.. we do have beam notice for 5 years from the past in 90s that shows us paying the penal charges and having enjoyed the land for a long time..now is this sufficient enough to prove our enjoyment right on this land or is there anything else needed to prove this..i doubt if there will be any document for this land with the revenue or land registration office. or if i had to create one document for this land..what is the procedure to move forward with it.all that we have is the settlement teed mentioning transfer of enjoyment rights..and beam notices for 6 years and then a previous court order mentioning our enjoyment rights on this land when some third party try to encroach it.. we are a hindu family.

Learning

1 Replies

thiyagu_nirmal16@yahoo.com (Madras High Court)     13 February 2015

You contact Mr.M.Saravanakumar high court advocate 23 law chamber Madras high court building mobile no 9444888862.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More