LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahunjain   01 February 2015

Claim on in laws property

I asked a similar question before and got few response but now i am looking for more clarification.

A house was purchased by myself and my parents together and we all 3 had share in the property.I got married and after few months made a registered gift deed and gave my share to my mother.Now the property is only in my parents name.

Now i have issues with my wife and she already filed 498a and my question is will she be able to claim share in my parents house claiming that it was also in my name and i gifted it after marriage ? Currently i don't have any property in my name.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 February 2015

Revert back to original thread, do not repeat.

rahunjain   01 February 2015

Dr J C Vashista in my previous post i did not mention that i gave my share of house as gift to my mother and now i wanted to know if its possible for the wife to cancel the gift deed so i came up with a new post.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 February 2015

You are the donor in the deed, even you cannot cancel the registered gift deed already executed even if you wish to revoke it now so where is your wife having any say in the property or in the transaction? You seem to be worried about which is not there hence better consult a good doctor and take medicine for mental peace.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     05 February 2015

No your wife cannot claim any share in the gifted property.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 February 2015

i too agree with the above sayings and as the concerned law yet to be passed 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register