LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stephen Chettiar (Group Internal Audit Manager)     26 October 2014

married daughters share in father's property

Respected Sir/Madam, My father is a widower staying in Gujarat. We are 1 brother and two sisters, all married. My brother and his wife stays with my father. They are constantly harrassing my father. We both sisters want our father to write his will of distribution of his property after his death. But due to the fright of my brother and his wife he is not ready to write his will. How can we sisters proceed along with this matter. Is there any law which entittle us to force our father to write his will.

Learning

2 Replies

BHUWAN RAJ 09839268489 (lawyer)     26 October 2014

U cannot force ur father to write a will in ur favour. However if willingly the father writes a will in ur favour it is final. If u realy care for ur father bring him at ur place and first take care of him. Regards Bhuwan raj, Adv. Cell 09839268489

Stephen Chettiar (Group Internal Audit Manager)     27 October 2014

My father has a rowhouse nd 2 plots in Gujarat. Also he has a gud bank balance. We sisters are in mumbai.wen my dad comes to mumbai we very well care for him. Secondly, we are asking him to write a will distributing it between all 3 of us (1 brother and 2 sister) and that too after his death. We do not want any kind of confusion between us brother and sisters, so we are insisting him to just write a will in all his childrens favour. But since he is frightened of my brother he is not doing so.we do not want any property or money from him till he is living. Just to avoid any kind of friction later on we are asking him to prepare a will. Just for precaution.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register