LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satish hariharan (nil)     04 October 2014

CHAIN OF TITLE DEED.

Hi, this question us about our property. We have a 1bhk in thane, maharashtra. We bought it 20 years ago. We are the third owner of the house. Now we want to sell the house but we are facing a document problem. The buyer of my house wants the agreement done between the builder and the first party. This might have taken place at least 40 years from now and we really don't know whether the first buyer is alive or where he is located etc. With us we have the copies and original done between 1st owner to second owner & second owner to us. We only have the Xerox copy of the agreement done between builder and 1st owner and we do not have original. This is the problem due to which the sale is not proceeding ahead. Please let me know what to do to come out of this situation. ? 2nd question.................... How to find if the property has been Registered by the second owner after he bought from 1st owner. How and where to look for the same in the agreement as we cannot find it? After we have purchased the property from second owner we have not done registration and the same has been told to buyer. Pls guide me on how to do the same. Also the buyer is opting for loan and for this only thing which is pending is buyer wants to know if the second owner has registered the property after he bought it so that he can get the loan. I know that my query is a long query and a complicated one but I need to dispose my flat at the earliest to fund my mother's medical treatment. Please help me.........................

Learning

3 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     04 October 2014

Any land document, if registered, should be with the Registrar's Office. Besides the document itself should clearly be stamped accordingly. If property is not registered in your name, you can only sell if you have a proper GPA Instead from the second owner and bank shall make draft for the registered owner only.

Hardeep (Business)     04 October 2014

Maybe this could further help you : https://esearchigr.maharashtra.gov.in/testingesearch/wfsearch.aspx

satish hariharan (nil)     04 October 2014

Hardeep, thank you for the link. It is not of any help to me because it shows documents which is registered only after the year 2002. Also from your first reply I did not understand this line. Please explain me.

If property is not registered in your name, you can only sell if you have a proper GPA Instead from the second owner and bank shall make draft for the registered owner only. "

What is GPA ? As I said, we after buying the house have not done the registration and we have only paid stamp duty. The buyer of my house wants to know whether the second party ( from whom we bought) has done the registration or not? Is there any way to find the same as we cannot also not see anything in the document.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register