LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stephen (XYZ)     19 August 2014

Loan taken in bahrain

I lived in Bahrain for about 3 years. I took a loan in HSBC bank for about 3500 Dinars. I was paying the EMIs regularly for few months and then got a Canadian PR and  landed in Canada.

I continued to pay the EMIs for about 6 months thro' my friend who still lives there.

After landing over in Canada, I still did not get a decent job. Whatever I get goes to my rent and food and I am unable to pay the EMIs. But, It always gives me a guilty feeling that I am not repaying the loan. I want to pay once I get a job with good salary. It's more than 2 years, I am not repaying the loan.

I also did not update my address and contact details with the Bank. No one is there in my Indian address which I had mentioned in the loan application process.

What will happen to the loan? Will I be in trouble when I fly back home since HSBC has taken copies of my passport at the time of loan application process? Will they be able to get me arrested at the time of immigration process or could they file a case with a local police?

Please suggest.

Steve

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 August 2014

Mr. Stephen, better write to bankers the details and seek their apology for default and also request time for settlement of balance amount this action may save you from possible legal actions that may be envisaged  as per law.

Stephen (XYZ)     25 August 2014

Thank you sir, for your suggestion.

But, I already wrote to them twice, they never replied to my request to reschedule the EMI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More