LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Chaubey   13 May 2019

Forcefully married by her parents

My girlfriend was forcefully married yesterday on 12-05-2019 ,she was tourtured at her home her phone was taken by her parents, before marriage and after engagement I was said that if you tell her fiance we will kill her. Two months before we both were beaten brutally.Now today on 13-05-2019 she is at her husband's home where she is free to call me .Her husband which is done forcefully doesn't know our relationship which was for 4years 1)now what leagle procedure should we follow.
2) is this marriage valid as it was performed by hindu rituals in front of many people.
3)if we run away and marry is it valid and if not what are the circumstances I will face legally.
4) Does my girlfriend who is forcefully married yesterday has to file for divorce as the marriage was performed by hindu rituals but not registered
5) can even now we file FIR report against her parents .

Learning

5 Replies

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     13 May 2019

, if the consent of the girl was taken in such condition that marriage can be challanged in court of law for Annulment.

Regards

Jaspal S Maini (Adv)

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 May 2019

Dear queriest, except on extraordinary reasons divorce petition cannot  be filed till the completion of one year from the date of marriage.  As your g.f. got married and now If you take any bold step, you will be punished.  It is better to you to avoid contact her.  If she is interested to marry you she herself may complaint in police station against her parents for forceable marriage.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 May 2019

Dear queriest, except on extraordinary reasons divorce petition cannot  be filed till the completion of one year from the date of marriage.  As your g.f. got married and now If you take any bold step, you will be punished.  It is better to you to avoid contact her.  If she is interested to marry you she herself may complaint in police station against her parents for forceable marriage.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 May 2019

Your girlfriend is mature enough to take her own decisions.  Do not involve in any one's personal matters and let them fight for their own cause.  By your interference and involvement, you have to face complications yourself and may ruin the chances of her reconciliation with fate.  If you are really a good friend keep a distance from her.

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   14 May 2019

Come out of illusion wait for some years if her marriage ruins and take divorce then u may take 2nd chance that toif u have not married .until that don't become devadas..she may come with childthen.if u have broad mind u may accept her with child. God is great.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register