LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jai (B)     09 December 2011

Food license

We are planning to start 2 shops in Pune.

1st is a Distributorship of Kissan Foods. In which we will be selling their Jams & Sauces to other shopkeepers.

2nd A General Store in which we will be keeping all stuff packed stuff including food products like these Jams & Sauces.

I want to know, do we need to obtain a Food License for either of these? If yes, what is the procedure, as we haven't yet rented a shop.

 3 Replies

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator Mediation Counsel)     09 December 2011

You need to have a trade license in the begining from the concerned authorities at Pune.

If it is a Shop then you need to comply with the Shops and Commercial Establishments Act.

1 Like


you don't need 2 separate licence for shops. you just need 1 trade licence for that. beside you have to comply with shop and establishment act.


go to municipal corporation of your jurisdiction and ask for licence.

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     24 December 2011

Gumatha , trade lisence is mandatory. perhaps food safety is no applicable to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query