LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Padmanabham (Retired)     06 April 2010

Flat Registration - legal issues

I stay in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. I want to purchase a flat at Hyderabad standing in the name of a housewife. She has two daughters and a son.Probably her husband, who is alive purchased the flat in her name to avoid some tax complication or otherwise. Whatever it is, the sale deed shows that the propety is purchased by her from a builder some 15 years ago.

Now my question is:

For purchase of this property, is it enough if she signs the sale deed or is it necessary that all her children and husband shall sign as per law.

If all the children have to sign the sale deed,since two children are away in US and one somewhere in India, what is the procedure to be adopted.

Kindly advise me in the matter.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

D.V.RamaKrishna (Advocate)     06 April 2010

Padmanabham garu,

From the facts stated by I feel it is enough if the owner alone sign the sale deed for sale of flat standing in her name. But to be more cautious we need to go through the recitals of the previous sale deed through which she acquired the property. Hence you may contact me here at hyderabad if you can with all the relevant documents for a more better and specific advice.

D.V.RamaKrishna Sarma, Advocate, Hyderabad ; Ph: 9963099555

krishna VVG (Advocate)     07 April 2010

The flat owner , the flat which registered is signature enough. for any quary call 9346917237 after 6pm

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register