LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sham Lal   25 December 2018

flat purchaser trouble

I found one flat purchaser from internet.

He gave cheque of 2 lacs on 21-oct-18 on verbal promise that he will make 20 percent payment in a week and close transaction in 8-10days.

Later he brought a sale agreement format on 26-oct which mentioned 2 months time. it was on 200 inr stamp paper. without any witnesses, we trusted and signed that as that was required to apply for his bank loan.

This purchaser has another some 1bhk on lease and is delaying payment now saying that agreement mentions 2 months.

This flat is in a new building and khata was not there on 21-Oct. purchaser had promised that he will get that being localite. Rest all documents were given to him on 21-Oct. Later he started bullying harassing abusing threatening my daughter when she would ask for status.

purchaser's wife told on 10-Nov that they will not buy flat and want 2 lacs back. We asked them to meet in icici bank infront of their banker as loan was passed on 2-Nov from ICICI. purchasers bullied threatened etc and disappeared. Later they barged into our society and created insulting dramas for 1.5 hours on one sunday for refund of 2 lacs. After that they were not contactable for 2 weeks over phone. Then on 26-Nov, my daughter sent them a message that she will get khata to save time and they make payment as agreed before. purchaser sent 200 insulting silly provocative argumentative messages to her till 12am in night.

My daughter on 28-Nov filed police complaint of house tresspass and intimidation against buyer, his wife.

On 21Dec, buyer went to police and asked for their help in refund of 2 lacs misleading them that we already sold flat. We clarified that no other sale of flat has happened over phone to cop.

Its 25-Dec today. buyer is not trustworthy person. he is not ready to make payment of 9 lacs over government value in advance in order to vacate flat. flat in transaction is my residence. buyer is also a psychopath type person and likes to harass my daughter rather than resolving anything.

Its impossible for us to deal with this buyer as he is not ready to meet infront of banker and do written agreement. he is not making any further payments too.

will sending a termination of agreement notice with 2 lacs forfeited against damages solve problem? what kind of further problems he can create?

can we hold him liable to make full payment along with interest from 27-Oct? His whatsapp messages stating payment terms are there.

please advise

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register