LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aarti Jedhe   11 January 2019

FIR not registered by the police

My friend met with an accident few days back she was hit by a tourist car, and was hurt badly with lot of damage to the bike. she noted the car number and took down the phone no of the driver also. in the hospital the police took an informal complaint and said they will call that driver to the police station. however the driver keeps giving reasons for not coming. we have visited the police station multiple times and asked the police to register a formal complaint but they are not doing so. what should be done in such a situation.

Aarti J


 4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     11 January 2019

Meet the DCP of the area and inform him about this. Give written complaint addressed to the DCP and request this officer to direct SHO of the Police Station to register FIR against the driver who caused the accident.

Aarti Jedhe   11 January 2019

ok, Thank you sir

shasha jain   11 January 2019

you may file a complaint u/s 156(3) and 200 of crpc with the magistrate for seeking direction to the police to register FIR in your case

Aarti Jedhe   12 January 2019

ok, thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register