To write your name in a passport application form, you should follow these instructions12:
- Write all the details in capital letters with 1 letter in one box.
- Your name should be written very clearly with one letter in one box as instructed.
- In the given name field, mention your first name + middle name.
- In the surname field, mention your surname also called the last name.
- Each word should be separated by leaving a box blank between those words.
When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document or any letters you got from the visa office or case processing center where you sent your application (even if the name is misspelled). Do not use initials.