Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailesh Kumar Arjel   08 May 2022

File divorce by husband on the ground of adultery & cruelty

I want to know how to file divorce case on the ground of Adultery & cruelty against wife. Also the procedure to file such case at the place where husband is residing. 

I have read that husband can file the case at his residing place only if he had separated from wife for a sufficient period of time. Here what is the meaning of separation. 

If the husband is staying in different place for more than 5 years but occasionally visit the place where wife is staying, is he be able to file the case at his place of residence.


 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     08 May 2022


In your case you can file divorce petition in the court where your wife resides or where you both have resided as husband and wife. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 May 2022

Your last station of residing togather shall also entertain petition for divorce on the ground of desertion.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 May 2022

Husband can file divorce petition only at places where both husbanf and wife resided together lastly or at place where their msrriage was solemnized.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query