Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreya Yerramsetty   25 June 2019

Family problem

I have married in 2018, my husband and in-laws and my husband's uncle are torturing me for extra dowry and we are only 2 daughters to our parents so they are forcing me to bring property share, gold and silver items from my parents.I have given dowry of 10lakhs but they are saying that I have given only 3.50lakhs, I have proof for 10lakhs amount, Myusband and in-laws bet me and forced me to sign to white papers. my husband's uncle used to torcher me we will marry my nephew to the other girl who brings more dowry. On the other hand my husband is having health issue , I have all the reports of health issue, they have cheated us and married me, and my husband is a bank employee , we have joint locker in his bank we have kept valuables in the locker without my intimation he closed the locker and taken away all the valuables and now saying that the valuables are with me. They have sent me away from the house 6 months back , I have filed 498a case on them. now they gave money to police and taken away the A4 member his uncle name in investigation, and he is warning me that he kill me and he is saying u can't do anything if you file case also. what should I do?

 3 Replies

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     26 June 2019

Dear Queriest

If you have already filed a case under section 498 A why haven't you got the sections 3 AND 4 of the Dowry Prohibition Act included in thd FIR when you state that you have proof of giving Rs10 lacs.

Secondly go to the police and give the mahila police a list of all your Gold jewellery articles etc. so that they will recover from!your husband and hand it over to you.

Rev. Dr. Adv. Solomon Raj. Advocate High Courts of AP & TS,
Bharat Gaurav Samman Awardee.
Seva Ratna Award 2019.
1 Like

Sreya Yerramsetty   26 June 2019

Sir 498r/w 34 3,4 DPA they have filed .

Sreya Yerramsetty   26 June 2019

15 days back the police have sent constable to my mother's house where I am staying present, they asked me to sign on c-notice(that they are going to remove my husband's uncle name from the case) that they want to file the chargesheet, I told that I will not sign. Again today SI has called me to mobile and told me and my father that to sign on c-notice, I told I will not sign, but the police is saying that now u sign , again in the court u can ask judge to add the A4 member, I told No I will not sign, they asked me where are you , I was out of station , I told that I am out of station, even though the police constable has gone to my mother's home it seems, as my mother's house was locked we are out of station, they asked the neighbours it seems, what I should do, I don't want to sign on c-notice as he is also one of the member he harrassed me mentally.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query