LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arun prasad   30 August 2022

Family Partition - Hindu Succession act

My sister challenged me for the partition of 2 acres of Ancestral property, she got married in 1976. My father registered a release deed on my favour in 1995 stating that he got 25k money from me and released half of the property that belongs to him (In 1995 daughters are not a coparcener in Ancestral property) and I can enjoy the whole property. Is it enough to prove that the property belongs to me?

Facts of the property -

Our prior generation stayed in this property for ages, actually we didn't have registered papers until 1989, my father challenged a case in court against his uncle sons and got the judgement that this property belongs to him. Then he made a release deed in 1995 for giving his half share to me , since in 95 daughters are not a coparsener in Ancestral property we didn't mention the daughter name in the deed.

Note - In the release deed my father mentioned this as an Ancestral property.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 August 2022

Is there any point in repeating same story time and again to waiste precious time and efforts of experts who have already obliged you ?

The post is repeated at https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/ancestral-property-partition-225716.asp 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register