Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarkumar (business)     28 September 2015

Family court

Hi ,

I want to know is there any cases where couples reunite after applying for divorce after 3 years, if so can you please tell me the cases so I can cite them in my case.

Thanks,

S.Kumar

Learning

6 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     29 September 2015

This is UR second query today.In case the divorce is pending they can reunite by informing the court.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     29 September 2015

Divorce is a declaration that by now the couple do not stand as Husband and wife in the eyes of law and in this position they have to remarry again aftergetting the divorce.

Next in your question it is not clear that you are asking yout question in the post divorce position of during divorce proceedings in the court. For the first situation I have given the answer as above and in the second situation they are still husband and wife and can reunite at any time by withdrawing their petition for divorce. all the Family court medeation centers facilitate such compromises between the couple and try not to break the institution of marriage.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     29 September 2015

Rightly concluded by Adv Bali.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     29 September 2015

In divorce case, both husband and wife inform the court that they are going to live together and the court will dismiss the case.

kumarkumar (business)     29 September 2015

@GyanPrakash You should first know how much time court takes for a divroce case in India compared to western countries, it is not we wasting court time, but court wasting our time and as also our lives. Court allowing other party to file counter after 2 years of applying divorce? What kind of logic do you find in it? I feel like I am imprisoned not for 1 month but for the past 3 years. Why cant there be dead line for cases/filing counters/ affidavits, is court expecting some chemistry going to be worked out between us during the court encounters, or does it feel that she needs time to gather evidences to prove her point? Court getting paid for its duty, my case is one case among 100000 cases, doest it going to make hell lot of difference or am I doing something which is nor provided by the constitution or do you mean to say constitution itslef is wrong? Who is wrong???

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 October 2015

Your original query was regarding re-unite of the couple after three years of filing of the case, if both are willing, nothing on the earth can stop the couple to rejoining and continue their marital voyage together. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register