LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AKSHAY BHARDWAJ   12 August 2020

FALSE RECOVERY CLAIM

Hi, I joined IDFC FIRST BANK on 22ND June, 2020 in Agra as an Sales Officer, I had virtual joining and I went to my job at bank branch on 23rd June, 2020..I didn't liked the environment and profile in terms of few aspects so I simply didn't went again, I just accepted appointment letter over the mail virtually/digitally..I didn't got any salary from the bank as I didn't worked, I didn't got any expenses through the bank, no amount been made by the bank as an employer towards me..I haven't submitted any resignation for leaving my job but I haven't received any payout too, I simply didn't worked at all and nothing I got through bank..Now, they are sending me that you didn't served the entire notice period as per the policy, hence, there is a recovery..My point is simply, recovery should be when employee have received any kind of amount, any salary, any payout through his employer and if he leave his job without submitting and serving in notice period after grabbing benefits so recovery should be there but here I haven't got not even a penny and they claiming recovery..I don't know what to do and I came herein to have some help..Pls assist me,

Learning

3 Replies

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     13 August 2020

Bank has rightly sent you the recovery notice.

In terms of your appointment, I assume that you were supposed to serve a notice period, which you did not. You simply decided not to go to work suddenly which is not acceptable legally and/ or ethically. 

Since you have not served any notice period, either you are required to serve the notice period or pay in lieu thereof in terms of your letter of appointment. 

".My point is simply, recovery should be when employee have received any kind of amount, any salary, any payout through his employer and if he leave his job without submitting and serving in notice period after grabbing benefits so recovery should be there but here I haven't got not even a penny and they claiming recovery.." ----> Sorry but your concept is totally wrong.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 August 2020

First, stop worrying, and let them collect the same through the proper court.  Then you may contact an advocate for defending your actions.  It is not clear from your post as to whether you have signed an agreement with the employer and deposited a security deposit or not.  Both these are mandatory in bank employment.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 August 2020

1. FULLY Agree with opinion of Expert "Ritesh Maity".

2. It was a very very childish and legally irresponsible thing to act in the manner in which the Queriest has acted and now intends to circumvent the law.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register