LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish (Software Engineer)     04 December 2013

False dowry case, i have voice recordings

My wife and I had an argument and she started abusing me. She even went on to the extent of trying to hurt herself and calling police and putting the blame on me. Luckily the police was not reachable. I have recorded all the conversation that happened that day, which includes her attempt to hurt herself and telling me that she will put the blame on me. Also, the conversation that took place when her parents had come home where she accepted that she abused me and try to jeopardize me by calling police.

Now, she has filed a false dowry and harassment case against me. What actions can I take? Will these voice recordings help in anyway. How can I sue my wife for filing a false dowry case.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2013

First you save yourself from her false cases arrayed on you then think about taking revenge on her.  The evidences in your hand will be able to support your claim that you had not indulged in such acts, it was she who on her own doing the mischief, in case of a complaint by her, obtain an anticipatory bail and contest the case with the help of a prudent lawyer.

Harish (Software Engineer)     05 December 2013

I'm on bail now, my wife has already filed a dowry and harassment case with the help of her parents. The first hearing was few days back where in I got a date for the second hearing in February. What should be my next step? Should I file a counter case now or wait for the second hearing? Will police make any Investigation in to the case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register