LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Karvande (Job)     20 March 2016

False domestic violence case

My brother's wife filed domastic violence case and threaten to involve all in-laws, sisters, brothers, uncles name into it. I am staying away from city since last 15 years and not have any contact with my brother (either visit or phone communication)  Is there any action against me ? 


 5 Replies

harrassed   20 March 2016

Hi Rajesh,

First of all, I'm not an advocate. From what you state, there is no possibility of DV filed against you. First of there is nothing to panic. Keep calm and cool. Even a DV is filed on you, you can present the fact that you were out of town for 15 years when required.

All the best!!


Udaya Shankar. C (Retired)     21 March 2016

Any domestic violance case is filed after one year of desertion by the wife is not valid. For domestic violence for each allegation there should be proof.  Now a days some people (who are not having any professional  work) sit in women police stations who are acting as conduit between them,, shall dictate the complaint like a crime story/detective novel. and gaining ransom after black mailing them. I am making this statement because we are the victims. The so called people not having  professional work even threatend us .

sridher (system analyst)     21 March 2016

Dear Rajesh it may be any case, But u have to prove your innocense in court. beprepare for it with brave heart keep all the sufficient Document's with you and file a petition for discharge you from that case by providing all that evidenses and documents. Dont worry be  cool patience is very essential in this type of matter's

omprakash agrawal (director)     12 May 2016

As Shri Udaya Shankar stated that any domestic voilance case filed after one year of desertion by the wife is not valid. Is there any citation about this if it it please post. 

stanley (Freedom)     12 May 2016

@ author 

If your brothers wife has filed domestic violence case against your brother than the petition would show who are the respondents in it. Have you not checked the sme  . Such things are common nowdays of filing false domestic violence cases to seek money in the form of maintenance and compensation . Check out the same and you dont have to bother . She has to prove the same with evidence .

she cant Add you at a later stage in the proceedings . Tell her to buzz off and the next time she tries to threaten you tell her straight forward go to hell and do what so ever you want . Now instead of you panicking you should make her panic since once she visits the court for each and every hearing you will notice her patience running out espically when its a false case .Visit a court one day and you will observe how you have to wait from morning to evening . and in a Dv case what order can they pass just a protection order thats all . There is no conviction . Only when the protection order is broken than criminal proceedings start .


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register