False complaint in labour office

An employee who left our organisation did file a false complaint against our company stating he was not given salary. But we have submitted all evidences and labour office found the complaint to be false. Intention of the person was to harm us and waste our valuable time. Is there any law where we can file a complaint against that person for misleading the labour office and harassing us and wasting our valuable time. 


Yes You can file a Complaint u/s 211 of IPC against that employee. you can kindly go through this section.

211. False charge of offence made with intent to injure

Whoever, with intent to cause injury to any person, institutes or causes to be instituted any criminal proceeding against that person, or falsely charges any person with having committed an offence, knowing that there is no just or lawful ground for such proceeding or charge against that person, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descriptttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both;

and if such criminal proceeding be instituted on a false charge of an offence punishable with death,104[imprisonment for life], or imprisonment for seven years or upwards, shall be punishable with imprisonment of either descriptttion for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x