LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   03 December 2019

False 420 case

Dear sir/madam I was running a business I borrowed a sum of rupees 10lakh from a person for a high interest rate. I have paid 5.5 lakhs as interest and due to some unavoidable circumstances was not able to pay back the amount but honestly I m trying to settle whatever I owe them. By then they started harassing me to the core having a small girl kid and wife we desperately wanted to settle this matter. One day i received a cal from a local police station regarding this matter. The person I owe money has influence and moneypower. I appeared in the station but I found that it was all preplanned to threaten us. First they have given a written complaint that I owe them 30lakh and then they came to a settlement of 15lakh.Having a kid i had no other go i took some time from the inspector and the writer drafted a hand written note in a plain sheet that I will pay the amount on said date and got signed from me. The inspector told arrange 75 perc and settle them and that he will get time for remaining amount. Honestly I owe them 7 lakhs wen calculating a nominal interest and princ apart from the interest I already paid.The amount they mentioned in the plain paper was around 15 lakhs. I desperately tried to arrange some cash but was not able to arrange on the said date. Again I started getting calls from the station I along with my wife appeared again in the station and requested some more time. I failed second time to arrange the cash but I opted to apply a chit for 10 lakh and informed the police and the party that I have no other sources except the chit. I told them I will bear the monthly installment of the chit and asked them to wait till the bit of the chit. But as a shock suddenly one day I was taken to the station on a sunday by police in civil dress accompanied by the party. They made me sit in the station and came to knw that a false 420 complaint was given on me and a fir was registered. The inspector told me that will give time till evening to speak with the party to arrive at a settlement or else he said they will produce me to the court. Also I was shocked to know that they have also published in a local newspaper along with my name..wen asked regarding this to the party he said it was police who published but wen asked the police they said it was the complainant who published we have no idea. They have published the complaint of the fir along with my name. But in the fir the complainant has mentioned that I have falsely said that the house I was staying is mine and have borrowed a sum of rupees 2 lakhs as an advance from them and I agreed to sell the house to them within 11 months for 45 lakhs and cheated.. I have borrowed cash from them for interest but these are cooked up stories also I dont knw why they have mentioned 2 lakhs advance only in the fir. They have cheque and stamp paper with them which I signed. They are harassing me like they told this is just the start and next my wife will be in the same position. I am totally depressed....some how I got an other month time and after spending nearly 8 hours in station the police let me go and asked me to settled within a month. But the fir has been registered....I have applied for a AB through a local lawyer.... kindly suggest me the options available. Even if I arrange some part of the cash I owe them I m worried whether they might frame new cases against me and my family members for more money by way of threatening us. But the publication in the newspaper eventhough they have mentioned only the name it has disturbed me a lot....and almost I m in a depressed state. Please can anyone suggest me the next step I should take. Also I have call recordings of them harassing me and stating that they will file false complaint on me which they have started. I m unemployed right now because of these situations now i have got a job and yet to join the company.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register