LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaushik Nandy (manager)     24 April 2013

Fair rent case

I am owner of a three storied building at central kolkata location wherein Part of ground floor,1st floor & and one rrom at 2nd floor is used by for dwelling purpose and rest of the portion has been rented out to five nos of tenants. Two of my tenants (say A & B ) who all are staying at 2nd floor , are paying a monthly rent of Rs. 26/- by each tenant for month since 1977. Tenant A is enjoying two rooms (one of 94 sqft &  second of 36 sqft ) with twin sharing basis Latrine & Toilet with Tenant B. where as Tenant B is enjoying One room of (120 sqft ) and kitchen (45 sqft)  with twin sharing basis Latrine & Toilet with Tenant A, And both of them are using common Stair and an area of 150 sqft ( both of them on twin sharing absis)  which is open to sky , although in their rent bill it is mentioned that only  One room of  94 sqft  for (Tenant A) and One room  of 120 sqft for (Tenant B) .

Prevailing rental rate of my location is Rs. 4160/ sqft, in this situation if I suit a case in the court of law ( High court ) or in  rent tribunal i.e.  Rent control office of Kolkata  then can I have actual rent as per prevailing rate for the balance  part being used by them or can I stop them to use the balance part which is not mentioned in their monthly rent bill??? How time consuming the trial could be for this type of suit ???

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register